Moong ni Dal na Vada
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32099 times
Mung ni dal na vada incorporates the benefits of moong dal or green gram into a delectable crispy snack. The mung dal is ground and mixed with onions, chillies and spices to prepare a thick batter which is then deep fried as vadas. The mung dal vadas are spiced with jeera,salt, etc and deep fried to get a healthy and tasty mung ni dal na vada. Serve with curds and coconut chutney
- Soak the moong dal in enough water for 3 hours.
- Drain and mash the dal lightly.
- Add the onions and the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and put a spoonful f the mixture to make a bhajiya.
- Deep fry till golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more such bhajiyas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sweetzaara_20 on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.