This recipe has been viewed 1226 times
Enjoy the crispiness of the Moong wonder, fried vadas made from a moong dal based batter which has been spicened up with onions, chillies, garam masala powder and ginger. A crunchy protein rich tasty snack with your tea or coffee.
- Soak moong dal in 1 cup water for atleast 2 hours.
- Then drain the water and grind it in the mixer/grinder into a thick paste.
- Mix 1/2 of the chopped onions and very little salt (1/2 tspoon) to the dal paste. heat oil in a kadai or pan and make small round vadas of the paste and drop them in the heated oil.
- Deep fry them till they are golden brown. do not over fry.
- Keep them aside.
- Heat the oil (about 2 tablespoons) in a pan and add cumin seeds in it.
- Wait till they splutter and then add the other half of chopped onions in it.
- Saute the onions till golden brown or soft.
- Grind tomatoes, garlic and ginger in the mixer/grinder.
- Then add this paste to the golden brown onions.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, corriander powder, garam masala to the pan and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Once the tomato paste and spices are cooked add 1 1/2 cup of water to it and bring it to a boil.
- Dip the moong vada in the gravy and cook for another 5 -10 min
This recipe was contributed by radhikamails on 08 Jun 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.