Moong Sprouts Cooked in Buttermilk
by Ta Nuja
This recipe has been viewed 1763 times
This is a very tasty dish, prepared with moong dal sprouts cooked in thin buttermilk along with few spices.
Add your private note
Moong Sprouts Cooked in Buttermilk recipe - How to make Moong Sprouts Cooked in Buttermilk
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 serving
- Boil Moong sprouts with water. If using a pressure cooker, they can be boiled for 2 whistles.
- In a pan, add the boiled sprouts, turmeric powder, salt and give it a stir.
- Add buttermilk to it and let it boil for 3 mins.
- Add the garlic-red chilli paste to the pan and give it a nice stir.
- Cover with a lid and let simmer for 5-7 mins. Sonth, black pepper powder, cumin powder can be added to the dish, at this stage. Though, these spice powders are optional.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add asafoetida, slit green chillies, whole red chilli and curry leaves. Add the tempering to the cooked moong and mix well.
- Serve hot with whole wheat rotis, jowar rotis, bajra rotis etc. and even with rice.
- Ensure that buttermilk is completely absorbed. We want the dish to be semi solid and not runny. Also, if boiled for a longer time, the dish might turn into a solid lump.
- So, ensure that the mix is semi solid when turning off the gas stove.
This recipe was contributed by Ta Nuja on 26 Sep 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.