Moong Soup ( Green Gram Soup)
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32609 times
Moong soup (green gram) helped to spruce up the protein and fiber content of your diet. Ensure to add the bowl of moong soup every week and your body is sure to thank you for it.
- Pressure cook the moong dal till very soft and keep 1 tbsp aside.
- Blend the remaining moong in a mixer till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and moong mixture and mix well.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and pepper, mix well and boil 5-7 minutes.
- Add the preserved moong and boil till the soup becomes thick.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by mehtaasmita on 08 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.