Moong Osaman ( Eat Well Stay Well Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31256 times
Moong osaman, this tangy and light soup works best for detoxification. Moong is easily digestible and this soup contains no spices and little oil. It just has a mild flavouring of curry leaves and lemon juice etc.
- Combine the 4½ cups of water and moong in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger, curry leaves and asafoetida and saute on a slow flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked moong along with the water and salt, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add the lemon juice and coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.