by Namrata Bhargava
This recipe has been viewed 1445 times
We all love pasta and gnocchi is my favourite pasta. Moong Gnocchi is gnocchi with a twist. Remember boiled potatoes are low in calories and fat, but high in fiber and nutrients, just adding moong sprouts makes it a fiber rich healthy Indian snack.
Add your private note
Moong Gnocchi recipe - How to make Moong Gnocchi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 serving
- Add salt and pepper to the potatoes and go on adding plain flour till you can knead to a soft dough.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll 25 mm. (1") in length. Lightly flatten each gnocchi using a fork. Keep aside.
- Bring 1/2 pan of water to boil and put batches of gnocchi in it. Test is; if cooked it rises to surface, leave it on surface for 5-8 seconds and then drain and keep aside. Cook all gnocchi similarly.
- Repeat step 4 to boil and drain the remaining gnocchi. Keep aside.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of oil over the gnocchi and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan. Add the cumin seeds and let them brown a little.
- Add finely chopped onions, green chillies and basil and cook the onions till they are translucent.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes (you can also puree them in a mixer, I like the tomato pieces in my Moon gnocchi) and saute. Once tomatoes are cooked, add 1/2 cup water, salt and pepper. Let the sauce cook for 3-4 Minutes
- When oil starts leaving the sauce add gnocchi and toss gently.
- Add the sprouted moong and gently toss, simmer for 1 minute.
- Switch off the gas and cover the dish and let the flavors settle for 3-5 Minutes
- Serve hot, topped with grated cheese and finely chopped fresh basil and coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by Namrata Bhargava on 23 Sep 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.