Moong Dhal Pulao
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12085 times
Serve hot with raita and enjoy the flavours!
- Soak the moong dhal in enough water for atleast for 4hrs.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for few minutes or till it turns translucent. Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook for more 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste and saute till the oil separates from the corners.
- Add the moong dal and mix well.
- Add the rice and saute till rice get coated with the masala.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 to3 whistles, or till the rice is cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with mint leaves.
This recipe was contributed by krithishyam on 07 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.