Moong Dall Barfi
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20258 times
p.s. roasted daal powder can be made in large quantity and stored in an air- tight jar and used when required.
- Clean the daal and dry-roast till it turns golden brown and gives out a pleasant aroma.
- Leave it to cool.
- Then make a fine powder and sieve twice.
- Cut cashew nuts into small pieces.
- Place a thick bottomed vessel on fire.
- Add a little ghee and fry the cashew nut pieces.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Add 1 cup of water into the vessel.
- Add sugar and stir till sugar dissolves.
- Add moong daal powder, half of the ghee and cook on medium fire, breaking lumps, if any.
- Keep cooking, adding a little of the remaining ghee, at a time, till the contents form a soft lump, leaving the sides of the vessels. it should not be sticky.
- Add cashew nuts and cardamom and stir.
- Pour into a greased thali and level with a greased knife.
- Allow to set a little and cut into desired shapes with greased knife.
This recipe was contributed by jenyuri on 13 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.