Moong Dal with Fresh Dill
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21356 times
Watch the dal closely, otherwise it will turn into a mush and the yummy texture of this dal will be lost.
- Wash and add the moong dal in a pot.
- Add one cup of water,salt to taste and let the dal cook.
- The dal is done when the grain is cooked but is a little firm to touch.
- Turn of the stove.
- In a seperate kadai, add 3 tbsp of oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped garlic and green chillies and saute it for a few seconds.
- Now add the small chopped onion and saute till it turns light brown in color.
- Add the cooked dal and the chopped dill to the onion mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped corrainder right before serving with chapati.
This recipe was contributed by yakuta on 29 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.