Moong Dal and Veggie Savoury ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17365 times
Make these bite-sized moong dal pancakes and top with a delicious mixture of vegetables for a fun snack. The small size of these pancakes, make them easy to serve and eat. A nice green and tamarind chutney add to the taste.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chilli paste and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Divide it into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Soak the moong dal in enough water for at least 2 hours.
- Drain well, add the green chilli paste and curds and blend in a mixer to a fine paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the besan, asafoetida, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and spread a portion of the moong dal mixture to make a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle.
- Spread a portion of the topping evenly over it and cook it using a little oil till it is crisp and brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and topping to make 11 more savouries.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately with green chutney or khajur imli ki chutney.
Nutrient values per savourie
|Vitamin A||88.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.