Moong Dal and Suva Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39956 times
The unique taste of suva, fortified by moong dal and spiced with green chillies makes this subzi a must-try.
Suva and tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and iron, while moong dal provides the necessary protein .
The order of adding ingredients is very important to ensure that all of them are properly cooked without losing their texture and colour, or becoming mushy.
Relish steaming hot Moong Dal and Suva Subzi with hot phulkas .
- Heat a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies and garlic and dry roast on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the moong dal and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and 1 cup of water and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dill leaves and mix well. Cover with the lid and cook on a medium flame for another 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.