Moong Dal and Cauliflower Greens Appe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29803 times
Ever thought of using cauliflower greens to make a mouth-watering snack? Well, here is a unique recipe that uses yellow moong dal and cauliflower greens to make sumptuous appe. Cauliflower greens are a rich source of iron, which helps you stay energetic all day long. Although very easy to make, the Moong Dal and Cauliflower Greens Appe requires a little pre-planning of soaking the dal. Make the appe just before serving, as they stiffen over time.
- Clean, wash and soak the yellow moong dal in enough water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain and blend the moong dal in a mixer to a smooth paste using ¼ cup of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the cauliflower greens, green chilli paste, cumin seeds and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the appe pan on a medium flame and grease it with 1 tsp of oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the batter into each mould, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame till the outer surface becomes golden brown and then turn each appe upside down using a fork so as to cook on the other side. You can cook 6 appes at a time in 6 moulds.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 6 more appes.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per appe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.