Moong Dal Seekh Kebabs
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 357 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39663 times
This is a vegetarian version of the non-vegetarian seekh kebabs. Moong dal when combined with potatoes and onions tastes simply superb. Dip these kebabs in your favourite sauce or chutney. Alternatively, serve them wrapped in rotis to make kebab rolls, a more filling snack.
- Clean, wash and boil the moong dal in 1 cup of water till the dal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Combine the cooked dal with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Using a thick seekh (metal skewer), press each portion of the dal mixture on it using your fingers to make a 100 mm. (4") long kebab.
- Brush each kebab with oil.
- Cook the kebabs over a charcoal or electric barbeque till they are evenly browned (approx. 3 to 4 minutes) on all sides.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.