Moong Dal Panki ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 95 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60290 times
Moong dal panki,this easily digestible snack is sure to please your stomach, without any after-effects! remember to remove the skin of the dal for a better texture and taste. Also, you could increase the amount of besan if the batter is too thin.
- Combine the yellow moong dal, curds, green chillies and little water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the salt, asafoetida, coriander, besan and oil and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and fruit salt, mix lightly and keep aside.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Put 1 tbsp of the batter on the greased side of a banana leaf.
- Cover with another banana leaf with the greased side over the batter press it gently to spread the batter evenly to make a thin layer.
- Cook on a non-stick a tava (griddle) and cook till light brown spots appear on both the sides of the leaves and the panki in between peels off the leaf easily.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more pankis.
- Serve immediately.
- You can cut the banana leaves into roundels using a cookie cutter, however if you do not have it cut them in squares using scissors and proceed as per the recipe.
Moong Dal Panki Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per panki
|Vitamin A||110.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.