Moong Dal Palak Cheela, Indian Pudla Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10196 times
Cheela is a thin, pancake like snack that is very popular in Gujarat and Maharashtra. The Moong Dal Palak Cheela is made of a wholesome batter of moong dal and spinach, perked up with a couple of commonly available spice powders and pastes.
A dash of crushed cumin boosts the aroma and flavour of the cheela further, making it absolutely awesome. Cheelas are meant to be had as soon as they are cooked, to enjoy the slightly-crisp fresh texture, so make sure you relish it right off the tava.
Try other cheela recipes like Chila Chaat or Moong Dal Chilla .
- Combine the yellow moong dal and enough water in a deep bowl and soak for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer along with ½ cup of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and approx. ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the cheela turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Flip over and cook on the other side as well.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 8 more cheelas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cheela
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.