Moong Dal Khilma
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5275 times
Moong dal khilma is a spicy lentil curry recipe with moong dal cooked with spice powders, slit chillies and ginger juliennes. Enjoy the hot khilma sprinkled with lime juice and chopped coriander leaves with naan, roti or rice.
- Pressure cook the dal with 1/2 of the green chillies and 1/2 of the ginger and 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles, or till the dal is cooked, but not mashed.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add asafoetida and cumin seeds and saute till the seeds crackle.
- Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and saute for a minute.
- Add the cooked dal and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame, taking care that the dal does not get mashed.
- Add the garam masala and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander, ginger and remaining green chillies.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 08 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.