Moong Dal Khandvi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17480 times
Fast and easy to cook, this is a tasty and healthy snack made using moong dal.
- Make the butter milk by whisking together the curds with ½ cup of water. Keep aside.
- Drain and grind the moong dal to a very fine paste in a food processor using 1 tbsp of water.
- Combine the moong dal paste, butter milk, green chilli paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt and cook on a medium flame stirring continuously till the mixture becomes thick, and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Spread the mixture thinly on the back of 4 to 5 200 mm. (8") diameter thalis. Allow to cool for five minutes.
- Cut the khandvi into 50 mm. (2") thick strips. Carefully roll up each strip.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and pour on top of the prepared khandvis.
- Serve garnished with the coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.