Moong Dal Khandvi ( Non-fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16760 times
Khandvi is usually using besan, but here i have made it using moong dal flour for a change! you’ll be surprised to note that it’s as or even tastier than the traditional besan version. Moong dal flour is not easily available in the market, and so you might have to get it made in the flourmill.
- Combine the moong dal flour, curds, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida, salt and ¼ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and mix very well.
- Cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till it becomes thick (approx. 4 to 5 minutes).
- Spread a spoonful of the batter on a greased thali and wait for a few seconds and try to roll up, if it doesn’t then cook for few more minutes, check once more till done.
- Divide the batter into two equal portions.
- Spread each portion on reverse greased side of 2 thalis (approximately 10" in diameter) evenly to make a thin uniform layer using a spatula while the batter is still hot.
- When cool, cut the khandvi on each thali lengthwise (approx. 1½" in width) into equal portions (as shown in the image) and roll up each gently.
- Repeat with the remaining thali and place khandvis in a serving plate. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and pour it over the khandvis.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.