Moong Dal Burphi
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2967 times
Moong dal burphi is a traditional indian dessert prepared from boiled and mashed moong dal, ghee and sugar. Enjoy this mouthwatering burfi with chopped pista s garnish and pieces shaped like diamonds.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal overnight.
- Drain and blend in a mixer, adding water only if necessary, till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the blended dal and saute for 15 minutes or till the dal mixture is light brown and thicker.
- Add condensed milk, saffron and cardamom powder, mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and spread the mixture on a greased cookie sheet, about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle almonds, cahews and coconut while still warm.
- Press down with the palm of hand.
- Cut into desired shapes and serve.
This recipe was contributed by geetagupte on 30 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.