Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5169 times
An easy and quick recipe to prepare the Moong dal at home with this moong dal recipe. Moong dal is easy to digest and a staple in most Indian households with steamed rice.
- Soak the dal for 1/2 an hour.
- Pressure cook the dal with salt and haldi in it.
- When the pressure drops open the cooker and churn the dal properly with the churner
- Put the water little by little according to the consistensy required. again churn it properly so that the water and dal mixes well. keep boiling the dal.
- Put tomatoes, hara dhaniya into the dal.
- Then in the tarka pan heat 5 tbsp oil then put jeera seeds, rai, red chilli powder, curry patta, jeera powder, dhaniya powder , green chillies.
- Pour this tarka over the dal .
- Dal is ready to serve.
This recipe was contributed by kritika03198 on 10 Mar 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.