Moong Dal with Shimla Mirch
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8280 times
Moong dal with shimla mirch is a delectable lentil recipe with chopped capsicum or shimla mirch added to the cooked moong dal. The fried onions and tomatoes get added up in the dal and is relished as main course side dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add moong dal and saute for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups of water and cook for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the capsicum, mix well and cook for 5 minutes
- Add tomato and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cover and cook for a minute.
- Meanwhile, for the tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by meera60 on 30 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.