Moong Dal – Vegetable Soup
by Kajal P Jobanputra
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4758 times
Moong Dal – Vegetable Soup, a wholesome combination of dal and veggies spiked up with a cumin seeds tadka, fresh turmeric, mint and pepper powder. This soup is full of taste and health and an excellent remedy for cold and cough. Can also be enjoyed as a one dish meal with just a toast as an accompaniment.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, spinach puree, turmeric, green peas, corn, yellow moong dal, salt , pepper powder, mix well, add 2 cups water or 1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup water, mix well and boil for 10-12 minutes or till the vegetable turn soft.
- Remove from flame, add the lemon juice, mint leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with paneer.
This recipe was contributed by Kajal P Jobanputra on 08 Jul 2015i love to cook, i experiment all my dishes on my husband, when he gives green signal i proceed with ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.