Moong Daal Kheer / Payasam
by Nupurs UK Rasoi
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4589 times
This moong daal payasam is one such healthy dessert, which i can eat anytime. For those who haven't tried any south indian payasam made of dal yet, this is a very good dish to start with. Easy to make and deliciously rich in taste.
- Wash lentils and rice well replacing water at least 4-5 times, soak for 30 minutes, drain and keep aside.
- Grind coconut with cardamom and keep aside.
- Pour in drained rice and dal in a pressure cooker along with 4 cups of water and pressure cook till 3 whistles.
- Open the cooker once the pressure ease off, and mash the dal well with either potato masher or wooden spatula.
- Add the milk, sugar and jaggery and simmer for 15-20 minutes until dal thickens.
- Add the coconut mixture, saffron and rose essence and stir well, cook for another minute and turn off the flame.
- In another pan, heat ghee and fry cashews till light brown, and pour it over payasam.
- Keep some aside for garnish
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Nupurs UK Rasoi on 23 Aug 2013I am a passionate Food Blogger, amateur Photographer and avid reader. I combine all my life experien...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.