Moong Daal Khandvi
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3337 times
A delicious recipe. . . A gujarati delicacy made in a different style.
- Combine the besan, curds, green chilli-ginger paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt with 1 cup of water and whisk well to make a smooth paste.
- Transfer into a non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame, while stirring constantly so that lumps do not form.
- Cook till the batter becomes thick.
- Grease the reverse side of 3 or 4 thalis and spread the mixture as thinly as possible with your hands or a rubber spatula on the greased surface while the batter is still hot.
- Cool and roll up carefully, like a swiss roll.
- Repeat with the other thalis and cut each roll into 25 mm. (1") pieces out of each big roll to get bite-sized khandvis. Place them on a serving dish.
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and red chillies and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour over the khandvis and serve garnished with the coriander and coconut.
This recipe was contributed by sandhya_anand on 08 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.