Moong Daal Halwa
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17039 times
Get set to tempt your sweet tooth with this mouthwatering indian dessert recipe, moong daal halwa. The moong dal and ghee blend together perfectly with the sugar and chopped nuts in the moong dal halwa and is typically relished in the months of winter.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in enough water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the moong dal paste and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the milk and cook on a slow flame, till the milk evaporates.
- Add the ricotta cheese, mix well and cook for a few minutes until it mixes well.
- Dissolve sugar in a cup of water, add saffron and reduce syrup to a one thread consistency.
- Add the moong dal to syrup and mix well.
- Add the rose essence, mix well and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by mcgraff on 08 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.