Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9011 times
Packed with protein and superb crispy texture, the Moong Chilas are pancakes made from a moong dal based batter. Add chopped onion, tomatoes and chillies to spruce up the spice quotient of this healthy breakfast recipe, Chilas.
- For the chilas, soak the moong dal for at least 3 hours.
- Add the green chilies and 1 cup of water and grind in a blender.
- Add the asafetida and salt.
- For the stuffing, heat the oil and fry the cumin seeds until they crackle.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for a few minutes. mash.
- To proceed, spread a little moong dal mixture on a hot non stick frying pan about a size of a chapati/ tortilla.
- Smear a little oil around the mixture and cook for a few seconds.
- Turn over and cook the other side till light brown.
- Put some stuffing in the center and fold.
- Repeat for the remaining mixture.
This recipe was contributed by radhikamails on 08 Jun 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.