Mooli Muthia ( Know Your Green Leafy Vegetables )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13860 times
These steamed radish dumplings are an excellent source of calcium, vitamin a and c and fibre! this recipe is a delicious way to include this much-ignored vegetable in your diet.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead to make a soft dough.
- Apply a little oil on your hands and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll approximately 150 mm. (6") length and 25 mm. (1") in diameter.
- Arrange the rolls on a greased sieve and steam in a steamer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove, cool slightly and cut into 12 mm. (½”) slices and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida and the muthia pieces and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour and crisp. Serve hot.
- Use equal quantity of grated bottle gourd (doodhi\ lauki) instead of radish to make doodhi muthia as a variation. Remember to squeeze out the water from doodhi to avoid the muthias from turning soggy.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.