Moogar Puran Poli With Panneer Rabdi
This recipe has been viewed 4945 times
Serve 2" puran poli topped with 2 tsp rabdi. Still we can enjoy two sweets at a time and consume less calories. Moogar is one of the easy to digest dal, panneer is low calorie option as compared to ghee based and fried sweets. Keep the sugar proportion low as both the sweets will come together and give enough sweetness. We can flavour the panneer rabdi with rose syrup or kesar pista flavour or any fruit and its essence can be used.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the yellow moong dal, mix well and cook till moisture evaporates.
- Add the sugar and cook until almost dry.
- Keep it soft and pliable. Do not make it stiff. Add little more ghee if required and keep it smooth.
- Mix all the ingredients and knead a soft dough.
- Roll 2" puris.
- Place puran in the center. Gather the sides and seal it in the center.
- Press and roll again to 2" puri. 2 mm thick.
- Roast it on a tava and cook well on both the sides. Remove and smear 1/2 tsp ghee. Keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a deep pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add panner and simmer for 2 minutes and bring it to room temperate.
- Add rose syrup and mix well.
- Place puran poli in a small glass dish and top with rabdi. Garnish it with rose petals and pista and serve fresh.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 09 Nov 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.