Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11889 times
A traditional sweet delicacy, Monthal is enriched with a khoya, roasted gram flour and sugar. The besan is cooked with khoya, ghee and sugar and then placed on a greased thali or flat plate.
- First make sugar syrup out of 1/2 kg. sugar and water
- Keep aside
- In a pan put ghee and flour and stir over low heat, till you smell the gram flour, quickly add the sugar syrup and continue cooking until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add khoya and milk powder, saffron and elaichi.
- Mix well till everything is evenly blended.
- Remove from fire and pour the mixture over the greased thali or tray and spread it.
- Sprinkle almonds and pistas over it.
This recipe was contributed by fatemarajabali on 03 Feb 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.