Money Bags ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37694 times
Chinese money bags, if you have wonton wrappers left over, make these cute little money bags the next time around! these dainty treats make a great starter or finger food that you can pass around during a party. Bamboo shoots make a great filling, but if that is not available use the vegetables you have in hand: carrots, mushroom, baby corn etc. Soya sauce and lemon impart a nice tangy flavor, and you could also mix in some chinese five-spice powder to add to the taste. Blanched coriander stems tied around the neck of these bags make an interesting garnish. Serve hot with spicy sauces and enjoy!
- Heat oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and sauté on a high flame till they turn soft and golden brown in colour.
- Add the baby corn, bamboo shoots, salt, pepper, soya sauce and lemon juice, toss well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Cool slightly and divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a clean, dry surface, wet your fingers and apply a little water on it.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre, bring the edges together and seal them using your fingertips.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and stuffing to make 7 more bags.
- Heat oil in a wok / kadhai and deep-fry the bags until the wrapper puffs up and turns golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with spicy sauce.
Nutrient values per bag
|Vitamin A||70.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.