Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3840 times
Serve at room temperature with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
store remaining cookies in an airtight container.
yields: 60 (21/2- inch) cookies.
Add your private note
Molasses Snaps recipe - How to make Molasses Snaps
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- line baking sheets with parchment paper. preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and ginger. set aside.
- In a large bowl cream sugar and crisco until smooth and fluffy. add yogurt and molasses and beat well.gradually, add the flour mixture, beating until just incorporated.
- Pinch off pieces of cookie dough and shape into 1-inch balls. dip one side of each ball in sugar; coat generously.
- Place balls, sugared side up, 2 inches apart, on parchment –lined baking sheets. with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar or the palm of your hand, gently flatten.
- Bake in the middle of the oven, one sheet at a time, for 7 to 8 minutes or until tops looked cracked.
- Remove from the oven onto a wire rack and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. with a metal spatula, transfer cookies onto wire rack and cool completely.
This recipe was contributed by ochorios on 26 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.