Moira Plantain Croquettes
This recipe has been viewed 3192 times
Moira plantain croquettes is a sweet dish prepared from unripe moira bananas. The bananas or plantains are mixed together with milk, sugar, crushed nuts and coconut and made into croquettes.
- Cut bananas (without removing the skin) into 3 or 4 pieces and steam till soft.
- Cool, peel and place them in a flat dish and cut each piece in half and carefully remove the string of seeds.
- Mash till smooth, add a little butter, mix well and divide the mixture into 15 equal portions and shape them into small balls. Keep aside.
- In another pan, combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 cup scraped coconut and cashew nuts and saute on a medium flame till the coconut turns golden brown.
- Add the cardamom powder, raisins, mix well and cook till the mixture dries. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Now take each banana ball, flatten it on the palm of your hand and place one tsp of the mixture in the centre and fold over carefully, roll into a ball again,
- And flatten slightly using your palms and stick a clove on the top.
- Place on a flat dish and refrigerate for 7 to 8 hours.
- Boil the milk with sugar in a deep pan till it reduces to half and put in a flat deep bowl.
- Arrange the balls in the thick milk and serve.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyan on 08 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.