Mohanthaal By B_kajaria
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3545 times
Mohanthaal is a specialty indian dessert recipe or sweet dish which is prepared by cooking together besan, mawa with ghee and sugar. Serve mohanthal garnished with crushed nuts as a sweet dish after meals.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Take besan in a thali, make a depression at the centre and pour 1 tbsp of hot ghee, add 1 tbsp of milk on top of hot ghee
- Repeat the process once again by pouring 1 or 2 tbsp of hot ghee more, mix well.
- Saute the flour on low flame till light brown with the remaining ghee.
- Add the mava and saute again till reddish brown. Keep aside.
- Add 1/3 cup water to the sugar, mix well and boil to prepare syrup of 1 ½ string consistency.
- Pour the syrup over the flour, add all the masalas and mix well and keep aside, till it thickens on its own.
- Pour in a greased thali and spread well.
- Sprinkle slices of almond and pistachio.
- When cool cut into pieces.
This recipe was contributed by b_kajaria on 08 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.