Mocha Cup ( Mousses Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13031 times
Are you game for a cupful of joy? then, try this elegant dessert made from a perfect combination of coffee cream and chocolate mousse. The highlight of this dessert is its layered format, comprising chocolate mousse sandwiched between two layers of coffee mousse.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and mix well till no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine the powdered sugar and beaten whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the prepared chocolate–milk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the vanilla essence and honey and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Combine the beaten whipped cream, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl and fold gently.
- Add the coffee mixture and fold gently.
- Add the melted chocolate and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Pour the coffee cream into a plastic piping bag and fold the top end of the piping bag so as to seal it. Snip a bit off the tip so as to get a tiny hole for the piping to come out.
- Pipe out 1/8 of the coffee cream in a tall glass.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into a plastic piping bag and fold the top end of the piping bag so as to seal it. Snip a bit off the tip so as to get a small hole for the piping to come out.
- Pipe out ¼ of the chocolate mousse on top of the coffee cream in the same tall glass.
- Again pipe out 1/8 of the coffee cream on top of the chocolate mousse in the same tall glass.
- Repeat the steps 2, 4 and 5 to make 3 more glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Garnish with coffee beans and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.