Mocha Brandy Cake ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 361 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37868 times
A sponge cake glazed with a generous helping of coffee, cocoa and brandy, topped with whipped cream and almond flakes, this is surely an adult fare! whether for a candle-light dinner or for a cozy gathering of friends for dinner, the mocha brandy cake will not only meet but surely exceed your expectations.
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder, soda bi-carb and coffee powder together on a plate. Keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and 5 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and beat well.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and mix gently with help of a spatula. The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Remove and keep aside for 1 minute. Invert the tin over a cooling rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the sugar, black coffee, cocoa powder and 4 tbsp of water in a pan, mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the brandy and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place the vanilla sponge cake on a plate and prick all over with a fork on top of the cake
- Pour and spread the soaking syrup evenly over the cake and keep aside for 15 minutes to soak.
- Spread the beaten whipped cream evenly on top and at the sides of the cake using a palate knife.
- Sprinkle the almond flakes on top and at the sides of the cake.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
- For strong black coffee: a combine ¼ tsp of coffee powder and 3 tsp of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds or cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.