Mocha Almond Torte(a Creamy Coffee Cake)
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6831 times
Mocha almond torte(a creamy coffee cake) is a spongy soft and coffee flavoured cake recipe. Share and recommend your favorite coffee recipe online.
- Set the oven to 190c. Grease and line a 20-cm round tin
- Beat the egg whites till stiff. Add the sugar slowly. Beat until thick and shiny. Add the egg yolks one at a time.
- Fold the sifted ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Combine the butter,coffee and boiling water. Fold lightly into the egg mixture
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25 to 25 minutes. Turn out to cool
- To prepare the coffee cream:
- Dissolve the coffee in milk. Whip the cream in to form soft peaks. Fold in the cofee mix. Sweeten to taste with icing sugar.
- To assemble:
- Split the cake into 3 layers. Spread the coffee cream on each layer. Cover the top and sides with the remaining coffee cream. Decorate with almond flakes
This recipe was contributed by monu_ria on 12 Feb 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.