Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6601 times
A mouth-watering treat of mixed vegetables drowned in an awesome gravy of spinach and fenugreek leaves, flavoured simply with green chilli paste.
The addition of methi to the spinach base is what makes this recipe so interesting, because it lends a unique, pleasantly-bitter flavour to it.
Mixed veggies and onions lend a juicy crunch to this recipe, which is loaded with iron and folic acid from the greens.
If you want to boost the protein content of the Mixed Vegetables in Palak Methi Gravy, you can replace half the mixed veggies with low-fat paneer cubes.
Serve with Masala Paratha or Plain Parathas .
- Combine the spinach, fenugreek leaves, baking soda and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and when it is hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach-fenugreek mixture, green chilli paste and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed vegetables and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.