Mixed Vegetables Patiala Style
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 567 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 235742 times
An all-time favourite from Punjab, the Mixed Vegetables Patiala Style is made of veggies perked up with spices and pungent pastes. Note that the veggies and pastes are all sautéed in ghee, which gives a unique flavour and aroma to this dish.
Milk gives a rich flavour and creamy texture to the gravy, while a pinch of sugar, cardamom and cinnamon powders give a pleasant sweetness to this mixed vegetable preparation. Enjoy it hot with rotis or parathas .
- Combine the cornflour and milk in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions, garlic paste and ginger paste and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies, turmeric powder, mixed vegetables, sugar, cardamom powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||200.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||16.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.