Mixed Vegetable Paratha ( Rotis and Subzis)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10171 times
A wholesome breakfast option, which is so tasty that it does not even require a side dish! grab all the veggies you can find in your refrigerator and stuff it into this paratha! a sprinkling of spices improves the taste of this paratha, while the addition of a little ghee to the dough improves the texture and the aroma after cooking.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, plain flour, milk, salt and ghee in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Cook each roti very lightly on a hot non-stick tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till onions turn translucent.
- Add the mixed vegetables and potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, coriander, green chillies, chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool for a while.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a semi-cooked roti on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the prepared stuffing on half of the roti and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.