Mixed Vegetable Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29499 times
A gem from Lebanese cuisine, this Mixed Vegetable Curry offers your taste buds a dashing experience, thanks to the use of a special Lebanese spice mix called Baharat. Together with tomato puree and a couple of other spice powders, the Baharat gives a penetrating flavour and aroma to this dish.
Along with juicy veggies like tomatoes, beans, potatoes and zucchini, this recipe also combines pita bread, which improves the texture and adds to the volume of this Mixed Vegetable Curry. Serve it hot, with Saffron Rice, another Middle Eastern masterpiece.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the baharat and potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, french beans and zucchini, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato purée, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pita bread, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with saffron rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.