Mixed Fruits with Flaming Orange Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12118 times
Flambé is a French technique of topping a dessert, generally fruit-based, with flaming liquor, to give an exotic flavour and aroma to the dish. Here, we have used rum for the flambé, which is poured over a zesty mix of fruits topped with orange sauce. The warm, burning rum gives the orange sauce a deeper flavour and sharper aroma.
Mixed Fruits with Flaming Orange Sauce is a perfect dessert to serve on special occasions for a close gathering. If you have mastered the art of flambéing, you can do it at the tableside, else it can be prepared in the kitchen itself.
Add your private note
Mixed Fruits with Flaming Orange Sauce recipe - How to make Mixed Fruits with Flaming Orange Sauce
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 10 servings
- Combine the corn flour and 1 tsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the orange juice, sugar and lemon juice in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed fruits and corn flour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Pour the rum into a large spoon and warm it on a direct flame for a few seconds. Set alight and pour it over the mix fruit-orange sauce.
- Just before serving, put 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream on a serving plate and pour the prepared mix fruit-orange sauce evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.