Mixed Fruit Sasav
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6120 times
Traditionally served chilled, you can make a warm version of this tangy dish too. The pineapple is cooked with jaggery and along with the other fruits is mixed with the mustard paste which is the key ingredient of this traditional recipe.
- Combine the jaggery, salt, pineapple cubes and 1 cup of water and cook till the pineapple pieces are soft.
- Drain and keep the pineapple pieces and liquid separately. Leave aside for some time to cool.
- Grind together the grated coconut, dry red chilli and rai to a coarse paste using the liquid kept aside at step 2.
- Gently mix together the cooked pineapple, mango, green grapes, orange and the coconut paste and refrigerate.
- Sasav should be made up to 1 hour before serving for all the flavours to blend in.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||730.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||25.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.