Mixed Dal Kichada
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19413 times
onion cut into strips and browned can also be added as a garnish with chopped coriander sprinkled on. serve it with kadhi or plain yoghurt
serve it with kadhi or plain yoghurt.
- Wash and soak the rice and dals seperately. leave for 10min
- In a broad pan heat the ghee and add cumin seeds
- Add the chopped onion and chiili and ginger paste. stir and saute for 1min
- Add the potaoes and the toor dal.
- Cover and let the dal cook just till it is a liitle hard when pressed.
- Add the rice and moong dal.
- Add the salt and turmeric
- Make sure not to put too much water .the water should just covers the rice and dals.
- Cover the lid and turn the heat down
- Check after 5min to see if the rice and dals are cooked and most of the water absorbed.if need be a little water can be sprinkled.
This recipe was contributed by pghaghada on 11 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.