Mixed Dal Dip
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4168 times
A tasty and spicy dip made with urad dal and chana dal mixed with dry coconut, tamarind and jaggery with other spices and herbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the dals, peanuts, asafoetida, curry leaves and red chillies, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and saute for one more minute.
- Cool the mixture and blend in a mixer into a smooth powder.
- Add enough water and blend into a smooth paste.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Ranganayaki on 28 Jul 2011I teach English. Have written 2 recipe books, which are yet to be published. Most of these recipes a...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.