Mixed Dal By Hpatel7
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2694 times
Enjoy the lovely combination of different lentils cooked with spice powders in the Mixed dal recipe. The thick dal is best enjoyed garnished with chopped coriander leaves with rotis or parathas.
Add your private note
Mixed Dal By Hpatel7 recipe - How to make Mixed Dal By Hpatel7
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 10 minutes
- Wash all the dals. soak for 1 hour and then drain.
- Heat the ghee. add the cumin seeds and cook until they begin to crackle.
- Add the onion and cook until light pink.
- Now add all the dals and cook again for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1 litre of water and cook on a slow flame until soft.
- Then add the coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. cover and cook until two thirds of the water has evaporated.
- Mash the dals lightly.
- Prepare the tempering by melting the butter, adding the tomato, curds and garam masala and cooking on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add to the cooked dals and stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle coriander on top and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 09 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.