Mix Vegetable Khichdi
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 94768 times
Mix vegetable khichdi is a simple recipe for preparing the popular rice and lentil based recipe called khichadi. Added vegetables to the dal and rice mixture makes the vegetable khichadi a complete meal in itself. Enjoy with fresh curds.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the add curry leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic, red chillies, cloves and bayleaf and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables and the remaining ingredients, mix well and add the 1 cup of water.
- Add the rice and dal with enough water and cover and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot with butter milk.
This recipe was contributed by RICH123 on 03 Sep 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.