Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21441 times
A wonderful dish with the goodness of your favorite veggies. There is no unified set of vegetables that we need to make this recipe. This dish can be prepared with seasonal veggies or with the ones we like. In my case i have used potato, beans and brinjal. Lots of variations can be made to this dish. Hope you enjoy it.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fennel seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the asafoetida, dry red chilli and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions are translucent.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and the green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, mix well till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Once the masala is cooked, potatoes, beans and brinjal and mix well.
- Add salt, amchoor powder and half cup of water and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis, phulkas or rice.
This recipe was contributed by Sandipan on 01 Aug 2013Simple and enthusiastic guy with a passion for food and cooking. Though I don't cook regularly due t...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.