Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12285 times
Idli as all know is made from urad dal and rice or rava. But here is idli which is made from mix dal i. E chana dal, moong dal and urad dal. This is something different type of idli which is soaked in water, drained off and served with sweet curd.
- Combine the dals and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer to bowl, add the salt and ginger-green chilli paste and mix well.
- Just before making, add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Put 2-3 tsp of batter in greased idli mould.
- Steam in an idli steamer for 10-12 minutes.
- Un-mould and dip the idlis in little lukewarm water for 2 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water
- Arrange the idlis in serving plate, pour sweet curds on idli, sprinkle salt, chast masala and chili powder.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 13 Jul 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.