Mix Dal By ravinder991
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6741 times
Enjoy the mixed dal recipe with parathas or rotis . An easy to prepare and tasty dal recipe, mixed dal is spiced up with chillies, garam masala powder, onions and tomatoes.
- Soak dal for 2hours(it will cook faster)
- Pressure cook dal for 20 mins.
- When dal is done,prepare for baghar.
- Add butter in kadai,when hot. add jeera.
- After jeere crackles add chopped onin,cook tillreddish in colour
- Add ginger garlic paste ,fry for 5mins-
- Add chopped tomato,cook till it melts.
- Add chopped methi leaves,haldi,red chilly powder.
- Add baghar to dal with salt and garam masala.
- Cook for 5 min.
- Eat dal with rotis or prathas.(if you wish dal to be more sour add imli or cocum flowerwater)
This recipe was contributed by ravinder991 on 02 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.