Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24893 times
A favorite Maharashtrian snack recipe, missal pav is basically the sprouts cooked in a spicy rich curry and served garnished with chopped onion, chillies and coriander leaves with pav or Indian bun. A complete meal in itself, the missal pav is loved by all.
- Pressure cook peas with very little water, salt & turmeric.
- Heat the oil and put mustard seeds.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chili paste.
- Fry for a min. add cooked peas and tamarind juice.
- Cook uncovered on a low flame for 2 min.
- Add garam masala and coriander leaves
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- At the time of serving sprinkle the mixture of gathia, papri, peanut, dal, potato chips etc.
- Add onion, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle yellow chilli powder, chat masala and squeeze lemon juice all over the cooked peas.
- Finally, top with a little curd and serve immediately so that mixture does not turn soggy.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.